Summertime is a great time to enjoy sitting on your deck. Why limit yourself to daylight when you can relax on your deck all evening long? All you’ll need are a few well placed outdoor lights and you won’t want to go inside until October. To help with the funds you need for decorations, you might want to consider playing some fun sports betting games via autoanunciaบาคาร่าออนไลน์.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Tiki Torches – Bring the look of the Islands to you deck by placing tiki torches on the railings. These miniature torches come in several styles and can be found at garden centers, discount stores and home stores. The metal type that clamps to the deck railing is the most stable and will last from year to year. The bamboo style is not as sturdy but will last at least one season. If you don’t have a railing, buy the larger torches and stake them in the ground surrounding your deck.
- Tea light Chandelier – If your deck has a roof, purchase an inexpensive chandelier with votive cups instead of light bulbs. They sell these at lots of discount stores at the beginning of the summer season. You might be able to find an old electric chandelier you could convert to candlelight. For romantic lighting plus relief from outdoor pests, fill the votive cups with citronella tea lights. These come in a variety of colors and scents and can be found in most garden and discount stores.
- Floating Candles – If you’re lucky enough to have a fountain or a pond on your deck, dress it up with some floating candles. These candles come in many shapes such as flower and shells. They provide a soft, romantic glow on a warm summer evening. No pond? Fill a tiny baby pool with water to achieve the same beautiful effect.
- Glo Lites – For a fun party look, buy glo-in-the-dark novelties and place them all over your deck. Not only will they provide light, they’ll add some color. Light sticks work the best because they give off the most light. Simply snap them and shake for a burst of light that lasts for hours. These are available from toy stores and novelty companies such as Oriental Trading Company.
- Light Strings – Decorate your deck with stings of electric lights with a summer theme. These six foot long stands are available with dragonfly lights, flamingo, watering cans and more. They add a whimsical look to your deck as well as providing light. Try mixing and matching just for fun. This type of lighting is available at craft and hobby stores as well as most discount stores.
These are just a few of the many ways to light your deck this summer and bring the fun outside. Just imagine a candlelit dinner on your deck under the stars. Can life get any better?